Omar returns for the 100th episode of IT Babble as we discuss people using podcasts instead of exams, students who fail and some holiday no-no’s.
We will be off till January so everyone enjoy your holidays! Check out our talking points below.
- Wow – 100 episodes!
- Inspired By Serial, Teens Create Podcasts As A Final Exam by Linda Flanagan of KQED
- Link: http://ww2.kqed.org/mindshift/2015/06/18/inspired-by-serial-teens-create-podcasts-as-a-final-exam/
- Student example 1:http://thesilentstruggle.podomatic.com/entry/2015-06-10T07_43_43-07_00
- Student example 2: http://tommybenincaso.podbean.com/
- Is this enough to justify a final exam?
- How would other English teachers feel?
- The Best Students Are Often the Ones Who Make the Most Mistakes by Melanie Pinola of LifeHacker
- Link: http://lifehacker.com/the-best-students-are-often-the-ones-who-make-the-most-1747125544
- We know this to be true
- How can teachers create this environment in their classroom?
- Consequences of this type of environment (positives and negatives)?
- Holiday movies you shouldn’t show
- Recommendations of what not to show your class?
Download the episode HERE!