Once again we have a full panel as Dave, Tim, Tony and myself discuss the hot topic gaming in education and our thoughts. Check out our talking points below.
Microsoft uses ‘Minecraft’ to teach your kid how to code by Jon Fingas – Engadget
- Link: http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/17/minecraft-hour-of-code-tutorial/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000602
- What about Scratch?
- Should schools be using simpler models of programming instead of actual coding language?
- Hour of Code – https://hourofcode.com/us e. Processing –http://www.openprocessing.org/
Parents, take note: These games may actually teach your kids something – by Maeghan Ouimet of Ars Technica
- Link: http://arstechnica.com/sponsored/games-that-teach-as-well-as-they-play/
- Article sponsored by Intel
- Gaming can make a better world TED Talk with Jane McGonigalhttps://www.ted.com/talks/jane_mcgonigal_gaming_can_make_a_better_world?language=en
- Mathletics – http://www.mathletics.com/ (not a game by the way)
You can download this episode HERE!